LAHIDAN Student FNCE Scholarship
The LAHIDAN Student Scholarship is designed to enable an undergraduate or graduate student in the field of dietetics/nutrition or a dietetic intern/AP4 student to attend The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE). The goal of the scholarship is to foster mentoring of future nutrition leaders. LAHIDAN will offer one ($500) scholarship towards FNCE registration and minor travel related incidentals to help a student member achieve their professional development goals.
Student must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A “student” member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and LAHIDAN MIG.
- Currently enrolled in a CADE accredited/approved dietetics program or supervise practice program at time of application.
- Must be pursuing a route of entry into the profession of dietetics, which enables individual to become credentialed as a registered dietitian.
- The scholarship recipient will receive a $500 scholarship to be used toward the student registration to FNCE and minor travel related incidentals.
- The funds can be used for an upcoming FNCE within the fiscal year. The monies will be reimbursed to the recipient after documentation of attendance and the written summary of highlights of a session is received by LAHIDAN chair.
- Funds cannot be used to purchase professional reference materials or to reimburse for a FNCE previously attended.
- Student applicants may nominate themselves, and must have a support letter/recommendation from a faculty member of their program and/or a current LAHIDAN member who is familiar with the student’s activities.
- The LAHIDAN student member must complete the application form available through the LAHIDAN Web site or from the LAHIDAN Nominating Chair-elect.
- The student will submit a 1-2 page, double-spaced letter describing the following: his/her career goals, how the attendance to FNCE will assist in furthering these goals, explain his/her interest in the field of nutrition and his/her financial situation or special circumstances as applicable.
- The scholarship recipient will be notified within 30 days following the deadline.
- Scoring of the applications will be completed by a committee of three: LAHIDAN Chair, LAHIDAN Nominating Chair, and one additional member appointed by LAHIDAN Chair.
- The LAHIDAN student member will assist in any LAHIDAN FNCE function as specified by a LAHIDAN Executive Committee member up to 4-6 hours of volunteer time.
After the award recipient attends FNCE:
- Within 30 days of attendance of FNCE, the student will submit the following to the LAHIDAN Nominating Chair-elect:
- Verification of attendance (registration fee receipt and a copy certificate of attendance from FNCE)
- A 1-2 page, double-spaced summary of a session they attended, including how they might apply this information in their training/career suitable for printing in LAHIDAN’s newsletter, Adelante.
Academy Student Career Center
Visit the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) website for online dietetic career resources, including: